Home made weed killer

Spring is here and it's time to get rid of the pesky weed.  In my opnion, those weed killer sprays that are sold in big retail stores are simply overpriced.  Well, basically aussies do pay more for everything. Sad? I know!

I've been looking for cheap solutions online and this would be the easiest to make.
1L vinegar
1 cup salt (seems like a lot, so you can maybe go 3/4)
Few drops dishwashing liquid (this makes the mix stick to whatever you spray)

According to the post, it takes 1 - 7 days to kill weed and grass once you've sprayed on them.  It's best NOT to spray on rainy or windy condition.

If you find measuring is cumbersome, this is what I do:
3 bottles of rice vinegar that you can buy from asian grocery store ($1.30 x 3 = $3.90)
1 small cup of Selley's sugar soup liquid concentrate ($3.83 x 10% = $0.40)
1 small cup of salt ($1.00)
All you need to do is pour everything into a bucket, mix it up and spray away~~  I've tried this 6 months ago and it works pretty well, but I've no idea how long more it can keep the weed away.

Source: Homemade weed killer

No comments:

Post a Comment